(Nutty Fit) – Before you reach for the pain pills, there are some natural methods that you can try to cure your hangover. Despite these natural remedies, the only way to avoid the fun when you wake up is to take your alcohol in moderation. Otherwise, here are some natural remedies that you can try to fix your hangover:
As aforementioned, the best way to avoid a hangover is to drink in moderation when you drink alcohol, however, even if you drink in moderation you may still wake up with that dreadful hangover. A hangover is basically the symptoms of dehydration from the dehydrating effects of alcohol, and alcohol is actually toxic, which is just further reason why you wake up with a hangover. Try some of these natural remedies to cure your hangover:
1. Water: The ultimate preventative measure is to drink a glass of water before you go to sleep after you have been drinking. This will help hydrate your body and will lessen the symptoms you wake up with, it might, if you are lucky enough, stop your hangover altogether.
2. Eat! Whilst you may feel quite nauseous, the best way to cure a hangover is to get some calories back into your system. Stick to easy-to-digest foods, such as toast or cereal, the urban panacea of a greasy breakfast may not actually be good for your hangover. Eat light and get some water into you!
3. Alka-Seltzer: This can be either a hit or a miss. Alka-seltzer has baking soda in, which will help ease your stomach, however, it does contain aspirin and citric acid – both of which might upset your stomach if you have a hangover. The best thing to do is to drink some alkaline water, you can read how to make alkaline water here (it is really simple, add one tea spoon of baking soda to water and mix). Also, read about the health benefits of alkaline water, click here (you might be surprised)!
4. Caffeine: Once again, with all things to do with hangovers, this is either a hit or a miss. If you regularly drink coffee when you wake up in the morning – do not miss your fix of coffee, this will only make your headache worse. Conversely, your source of caffeine could make your stomach feel worse.
5. Exercise: A gentle workout could make you feel all the world better, however, make sure you are hydrated and stay hydrated afterwards or else this could be a very bad combination.
6. Sleep: If you have the luxury of being able to go back to sleep after you have woken up with a hangover, you should do so. Although you should hydrate yourself before you go back to sleep. Sleep is almost a panacea for hangover symptoms – the body has an amazing capacity to heal itself.
Hangovers are not fun, seriously, they are quite dreadful, however, there are some simple and natural steps you can take to avoid a hangover and to help cure a hangover. Good luck!